where is comments located?

From
"Johnson, Shaunn"

Howdy:

Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2.

What table is 'comments' referred to?  For instance,
if you should put a comment to your table and / or
columns, where can I query the comments for
said table only?

What I want to do, since I don't  seem to be able to drop tables
based on a creation time / data parameter, is find out if a table
has a comment on it; if not, drop that table.

I imagine that the comments would be listed in some
pg_* table name, but I am going over the documentation
for system catalogs and I don't see a reference for
that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-X

Re: where is comments located?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 11:28:54AM -0500, Johnson, Shaunn wrote:
> Howdy:
>
> Running PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on RedHat Linux 7.2.
>
> What table is 'comments' referred to?  For instance,
> if you should put a comment to your table and / or
> columns, where can I query the comments for
> said table only?

pg_description:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/catalog-pg-description.html

(It didn't change in 7.2 -> 7.3 AFAIK)

Y dijo Dios: "Que sea Satanás, para que la gente no me culpe de todo a mí."
"Y que hayan abogados, para que la gente no culpe de todo a Satanás"

Re: where is comments located?

Date:
Comments are in pg_description.