Suggestion for the postgresql.org survey

From
greg@turnstep.com
Date:

How Can I Analyze a Explain?

From
"jose antonio leo"
Date:
Hi!!

How Can I analyze a Explain?
My simple select is the next
Select * from articul where des_art like "%arroz%"
Responds Explain is:
{ SEQSCAN :startup_cost 0.00 :total_cost 1.14 :rows 1 :width 265
:qptargetlist }
NOTICE:  QUERY PLAN:
Seq Scan on art_emp  (cost=0.00..1.14 rows=1 width=265) (actual
time=0.18..0.18)
Total runtime: 0.31 msec

What mean "rows:1" ?
and width?
qptargetlist?

Tks

Re: How Can I Analyze a Explain?

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 11:13, jose antonio leo wrote:
> How Can I analyze a Explain?

EXPLAIN output is documented here:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/performance-tips.html#USING-EXPLAIN

Cheers,