cluster questions

From
Greg Stark
Date:
Cluster has to sort the whole table (or do an index scan) and reorganize the
data in the table. Does it do this by copying the data? Is that effectively
the same as a vacuum full as far as the resulting space usage?

In 7.4 does the new cluster support change this?

--
greg

Re: cluster questions

From
Curt Sampson
Date:
On Sat, 21 Feb 2003, Greg Stark wrote:

> Cluster has to sort the whole table (or do an index scan) and reorganize the
> data in the table. Does it do this by copying the data?

Yes,.

> Is that effectively
> the same as a vacuum full as far as the resulting space usage?

Yes.

cjs