postgresql 7.3.1 + readline

From
Antonios Linakis
Date:
I compiled postgresql WITH readline support
./configure command found that everything is ok and compiled readline
properly.
Problem is, that now that I am trying to use the previous command by
pushing the up arrow I get e ^[A] character instead of the previous command.
Why is happening this?
Did I forget anything else?

Re: postgresql 7.3.1 + readline

Date:
Antonios Linakis <krom@krom.org> writes:
> I compiled postgresql WITH readline support
> ./configure command found that everything is ok and compiled readline
> properly.
> Problem is, that now that I am trying to use the previous command by
> pushing the up arrow I get e ^[A] character instead of the previous command.

I'd bet on a wrong TERM setting.

            regards, tom lane