Fw: configure error with krb5

From
"kanchana"
Date:
Hello all,

Since there is no reply, i'm forwarding it again.
hope someone will help me to overcome this.

advance thanks,
-kanchana

> Hello all,
>
>     I'm using postgresql-latest version. I'm not able to configure with
> kerberos5(latest).
> While configuring postgresql, i got the following error.
>
> $./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> :
> :
> checking for inflate in -lz... yes
> checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
> checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... -lk5crypto
> checking for library containing krb5_sendauth... no
> configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for
> Kerberos 5
>

> how to avoid this.? plz help me asap.
>
> OS: HP-UX 11i
>
> Advance thanks,
> -Kanchana

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

Date:
Uh, you can look in config.log and see how it is looking for that
function.  You can then modify configure to test a different way or
figure out a way so configure finds what it needs.

If you send over the part of config.log dealing with that test, it may
help.

kanchana wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Since there is no reply, i'm forwarding it again.
> hope someone will help me to overcome this.
>
> advance thanks,
> -kanchana
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> >     I'm using postgresql-latest version. I'm not able to configure with
> > kerberos5(latest).
> > While configuring postgresql, i got the following error.
> >
> > $./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> > :
> > :
> > checking for inflate in -lz... yes
> > checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
> > checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... -lk5crypto
> > checking for library containing krb5_sendauth... no
> > configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_sendauth' required for
> > Kerberos 5
> >

> > how to avoid this.? plz help me asap.
> >
> > OS: HP-UX 11i
> >
> > Advance thanks,
> > -Kanchana

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

From
"kanchana"
Date:
Hello Bruce Momjian,

Thanks for your response. I planned to compile without any options like ssl
and krb5.

just
./configure --prefix=/opt/postgres --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib --with-in
cludes=/usr/local/include/readli
ne
      gmake and gmake install

It compiles and installed.

But while doing basic testing , it gives following error ........
i thinkproblem is in readline. (i have tried with hp-ux readline (from depot
too), same probelm.

i.e...
while testing:-

$ /opt/postgres/bin/psql test2

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: tgetent (code)  from
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.sl
Abort(coredump)

Test logfile:-

LOG:  database system was shut down at 2003-01-17 05:58:00 PST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/83B1A8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/83B1A8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
LOG:  database system is ready

LOG:  pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Plz tell me how to overcome this.? I'm using HP-UX11.11
Once its ok, then i can try with krb5.

Advance thanks and regards,
-Kanchana

Date:
"kanchana" <pkkanchana@gmx.net> writes:
> i thinkproblem is in readline. (i have tried with hp-ux readline (from depot
> too), same probelm.

Giles Lean tracked down this issue a week or three back.  IIRC the
conclusion was that libreadline needed some source tweaks to work
properly as a shared library on HPUX --- it doesn't establish a proper
dependency on libcurses, or something like that.  Check the PG list
archives for details.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

Date:
For tget, you need -ltermcap or -lcurses on the link line of psql.

kanchana wrote:
> Hello Bruce Momjian,
>
>     Thanks a lot for all. I tried by adding -lcurses on link line of psql.
> Looks like it works fine.
>
> Next i moved to compile with krb5, it gives error.
> as follows..........
> #./configure --prefix=/opt/postgresql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-open
> ssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
>
> ----------no problem here.
>
> #gmake gives ERROR
> :
> :
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld -b +b /opt/postgresql/lib fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o
> fe-misc.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o pqexpbuffer.o dllist.o md5.o pqsignal.o
> fe-secure.o wchar.o
> encnames.o  -L/usr/local/krb5/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb5
>  -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lnsl  -o libpq.sl
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (fe-auth.o) was
> detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: DP relative code in file
> /usr/local/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(init_ctx.o) - shared library must be position
>     independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.

Right here, it looks like the k5crypto library wasn't created properly.
I think the problem is that it is trying to create a shared libpq, but
kerberos is a non-shared *.a library, or has non-shared object files in
it.  Just a guess, of course.

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

From
"kanchana"
Date:
Hello Bruce Momjian,

Thanks for your times and replies. Once i recompiled krb5 with -fPIC option,
it (postgresql) compiles fine.
Again thanks.

Regards,
-Kanchana

> kanchana wrote:
> > Hello Bruce Momjian,
> >
> >     Thanks a lot for all. I tried by adding -lcurses on link line of
psql.
> > Looks like it works fine.
> >
> > Next i moved to compile with krb5, it gives error.
> > as follows..........

#./configure --prefix=/opt/postgresql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-open
> > ssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-krb5=/usr/local/krb5
> >
> > ----------no problem here.
> >
> > #gmake gives ERROR
> > :
> > :
> > /usr/ccs/bin/ld -b +b /opt/postgresql/lib fe-auth.o fe-connect.o
fe-exec.o
> > fe-misc.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o pqexpbuffer.o dllist.o md5.o pqsignal.o
> > fe-secure.o wchar.o

encnames.o  -L/usr/local/krb5/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lkrb5
> >  -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lnsl  -o libpq.sl
> > /usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (fe-auth.o)
was
> > detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
> > /usr/ccs/bin/ld: DP relative code in file
> > /usr/local/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(init_ctx.o) - shared library must be
position
> >     independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
>
> Right here, it looks like the k5crypto library wasn't created properly.
> I think the problem is that it is trying to create a shared libpq, but
> kerberos is a non-shared *.a library, or has non-shared object files in
> it.  Just a guess, of course.

>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
19073

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

From
"kanchana"
Date:
Hello Bruce Momjian,

I done sucessfully for hp-ux pa-risc. Then i treid to work on IA64.
Configure ok but "gmake" gives following error..

Plz tel me how to overcome this.

Advance thanks for your time and efforts.
:
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/
include -I/home/saratha/krb5/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -c -o float.o
float.c
float.c: In function `float4out':
float.c:233: Internal compiler error in emit_move_insn, at expr.c:2739
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
gmake[4]: *** [float.o] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `src/backend/utils/adt'
gmake[3]: *** [adt-recursive] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `src/backend/utils'
gmake[2]: *** [utils-recursive] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `src/backend'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `src'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Regards,
-Kanchana

Date:
"kanchana" <pkkanchana@gmx.net> writes:
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/
> include -I/home/saratha/krb5/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -c -o float.o
> float.c
> float.c: In function `float4out':
> float.c:233: Internal compiler error in emit_move_insn, at expr.c:2739
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

Please observe that gcc's failure message tells you to report it to the
gcc project.  This is not Postgres' problem.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

From
"kanchana"
Date:
Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply, as i'm not positon to upgrade gcc, i tried to build
using CC=cc
it compile fine.

while testing, as follows error came(initdb failed)

#adduser postgres
#mkdir /opt/postgresql/data
#chown postgres /opt/postgresql/data
#su - postgres
$/opt/postgresql/bin/initdb -D /opt/postgresql/data

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /opt/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /opt/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /opt/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /opt/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /opt/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /opt/postgresql/data/base/1...
initdb failed.
$

How to overcome? I don't know what may cause this problem.

Plz help me asap.

Advance thanks.

Regards,
-Kanchana

Date:
"kanchana" <pkkanchana@gmx.net> writes:
> creating template1 database in /opt/postgresql/data/base/1...
> initdb failed.

Try it as
    initdb -d [other options as before]  2>initdb.err
initdb.err will probably be voluminous, but show us the last
couple dozen lines.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Fw: configure error with krb5

From
"kanchana"
Date:
Hello Tom,

   It(inidb.err) shows error as follows...........
_________________
DEBUG:  Typ == NULL, typeindex = 11
DEBUG:   -> 1184
DEBUG:  inserted
DEBUG:  inserting column 11 value '1082 1083select timestamptz($1 + $2)'
DEBUG:  Typ == NULL, typeindex = 15
ERROR:  oidvectorin: error in "select timestamptz($1 + $2)": can't parse
"select
 timestamptz($1 + $2)"
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)