forum - Software

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
Did anyone know a forum software that runs under apache - mod_perl -
postgresql ??

I did not find anything

regards Ewald

Re: forum - Software

From
"Cornelia Boenigk"
Date:
Hello Ewald

Take a look at
http://www.w-agora.net

Regards
Conni
--
Datenbanklösungen + PostgreSQL + Webdesign
http://www.cornelia-boenigk.de | http://www.pgsql.info

Re: forum - Software

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
thanks for the link but:

Minimum Requirements:
  • a WEB server (Apache, IIS, PWS and others)
  • PHP 3.0.8 or greater, PHP4
  • a database installed (mysql, postgres, oracle, or MSSQL...)

------

>> Did anyone know a forum software that runs under apache - mod_perl - postgresql ??

-----
There is NO PHP in the sentence!!!!

Regards Ewald

Cornelia Boenigk schrieb:
Hello Ewald

Take a look at
http://www.w-agora.net

Regards
Conni
--

Re: forum - Software

From
Lee Kindness
Date:
Howabout Bricolage then? A quick glance of the install docs throws up
references to Apache, mod_perl and PostgreSQL:

 http://bricolage.cc/
 http://bricolage.cc/docs/Bric/Admin.html

L.

Ewald Geschwinde writes:
 > thanks for the link but:
 >

 > Minimum Requirements:
 >
 >     * a WEB server (Apache, IIS, PWS and others)
 >     * PHP 3.0.8 or greater, PHP4
 >     * a database installed (mysql, postgres, oracle, or MSSQL...)
 >

 > ------
 >
 >  >> Did anyone know a forum software that runs under apache - mod_perl -
 > postgresql ??
 >
 > -----
 > There is NO PHP in the sentence!!!!
 >
 > Regards Ewald
 >

 > Cornelia Boenigk schrieb:
 >
 > >Hello Ewald
 > >
 > >Take a look at
 > >http://www.w-agora.net
 > >
 > >Regards
 > >Conni

Re: forum - Software

From
Ewald Geschwinde
Date:
Yes I looked at this but I'm needing a so called "standalone" forum.
Cause I need to implement it in a big mod_perl system

If no forum exists I must write one.
I'm not the person who wants to reinvent the wheel. :)
regards Ewald

Lee Kindness schrieb:

>Howabout Bricolage then? A quick glance of the install docs throws up
>references to Apache, mod_perl and PostgreSQL:
>
> http://bricolage.cc/
> http://bricolage.cc/docs/Bric/Admin.html
>
>L.
>
>Ewald Geschwinde writes:
> > thanks for the link but:
> >

> > Minimum Requirements:
> >
> >     * a WEB server (Apache, IIS, PWS and others)
> >     * PHP 3.0.8 or greater, PHP4
> >     * a database installed (mysql, postgres, oracle, or MSSQL...)
> >

> > ------
> >
> >  >> Did anyone know a forum software that runs under apache - mod_perl -
> > postgresql ??
> >
> > -----
> > There is NO PHP in the sentence!!!!
> >
> > Regards Ewald
> >

> > Cornelia Boenigk schrieb:
> >
> > >Hello Ewald
> > >
> > >Take a look at
> > >http://www.w-agora.net
> > >
> > >Regards
> > >Conni

Re: forum - Software

From
Lincoln Yeoh
Date:
What are your other requirements? Intranet specs (access controls, search
feature only returns what user privileged to see, etc) can often be
different from and sometimes conflicting with public Internet app specs
(minimal level access controls - much stuff can be cached/prerendered, must
scale cheaply).

There are many perl bbs/forum software that don't seem to need a DB
backend. They seem to be quite popular. There are yet others that use a
different DB backend.

If you absolutely require a specific DB backend, then your requirements
could likely  cover far more than just software platform specs. And so you
might still have to rewrite.

Good luck!
Link.