current_timestamp without TZ in CREATE table

From
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Date:
I get the following error while trying to create a table:

JC=# create table test (t timestamp[0] default current_timestamp(0));
ERROR:  Column "t" is of type timestamp without time zone[] but default
expression is of type timestamp with time zone You will need to rewrite
or cast the expression

What is the proper syntax to declare the default to be without time zone?

Thanks,

JC

Re: current_timestamp without TZ in CREATE table

Date:
Jean-Christian Imbeault <jc@mega-bucks.co.jp> writes:
> I get the following error while trying to create a table:
> JC=# create table test (t timestamp[0] default current_timestamp(0));
> ERROR:  Column "t" is of type timestamp without time zone[] but default
> expression is of type timestamp with time zone You will need to rewrite
> or cast the expression

Square brackets mean an array.  I think you meant timestamp(0).

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:

> Square brackets mean an array.  I think you meant timestamp(0).

Doh. Silly manual has the syntax for timestamps as timestamp [ (p) ] and
I though the square brackets meant "optional (p)" ... oops.

Jc