RPMS for Redhat 7.3 ??

From
Markus Jais
Date:
hello
at the webpage I found only RPMS for Redhat 8.0.
are there any availabe for 7.3 or will they be available soon ?

markus

Weihnachts-Eink�ufe ohne Stress! http://shopping.yahoo.de

Re: RPMS for Redhat 7.3 ??

From
Lamar Owen
Date:
On Monday 16 December 2002 16:28, Markus Jais wrote:
> hello
> at the webpage I found only RPMS for Redhat 8.0.
> are there any availabe for 7.3 or will they be available soon ?

The only Red Hat 7.3 machine I currently have access to has no developer tools
on it.  I've migrated all my machines (servers and workstations) to Red Hat
8.

That being said, I'm looking at being able to upload Red Hat 7.3 RPMs in the
near future -- this year, at least.   :-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

RPMS for Redhat 7.3 ??

From
Lee Kindness
Date:
Markus,

Markus Jais writes:
 > at the webpage I found only RPMS for Redhat 8.0.
 > are there any availabe for 7.3 or will they be available soon ?

I've built the RPMs locally from the src RPM... it was painless and is
probably the best route to take...

 su -
 rpm -i postgresql-7.3-2PGDG.src.rpm
 cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
 rpm -ba postgresql.spec

and you'll find the RPMs in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS.

Lee.

Re: RPMS for Redhat 7.3 ??

From
Lamar Owen
Date:
On Tuesday 17 December 2002 04:25, Lee Kindness wrote:
> Markus Jais writes:
>  > at the webpage I found only RPMS for Redhat 8.0.
>  > are there any availabe for 7.3 or will they be available soon ?

> I've built the RPMs locally from the src RPM... it was painless and is
> probably the best route to take...

Thanks for the  'painless rebuild' report, Lee.  I like hearing those things.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio