Turning off information messages

From
Mike Howard
Date:
Hi All,

I'm using Perl/CGI to interact with a simple database. When creating
tables I recieve 'notcies' to STDOUT, about implicit indexs, one notice
for each table created ( see below)

NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
'lock_dets_pkey' for table 'lock_dets'

How do I turn these off or alternatively redirect them? I've read the
documentation and tried various command line options but nothing seems
to prevent these messages being printed.

Any help appreciated.

Mike.

Re: Turning off information messages

Date:
In 7.3, where will be client_min_message and server_min_messages which
will allow supression of this output.