Compiling Postgres 7.2.3 - problem with JDBC

From
Russell Aspinwall
Date:
Hi,

I having been trying to compile v7.2.3 with JDBC interface on Solaris
x86, unfortunately I get the following error messages. I am currently
using Java2 v1.4.1_02 and get the following errors.

-- driver:
[available] DEPRECATED - <available> used to override an existing
property.
[available]   Build file should not reuse the same property name for
different values.
[available] DEPRECATED - <available> used to override an existing
property.
[available]   Build file should not reuse the same property name for
different values.
[available] DEPRECATED - <available> used to override an existing
property.
[available]   Build file should not reuse the same property name for
different values.
     [echo] Configured build for the JDBC2 Enterprise edition driver

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 53 source files to
/tmp/postgresql-7.2.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/build
    [javac]
/tmp/postgresql-7.2.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/xa/XAConnectionImpl.java:57:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class RollbackException
    [javac] location: package transaction
    [javac] import javax.transaction.RollbackException;

..... {contd]

Can anyone suggest how to get JDBC interface compiled.

TIA

Russell

Re: Compiling Postgres 7.2.3 - problem with JDBC

From
Neil Conway
Date:
Russell Aspinwall <russell.aspinwall@flomerics.co.uk> writes:
> I having been trying to compile v7.2.3 with JDBC interface on Solaris
> x86, unfortunately I get the following error messages. I am currently
> using Java2 v1.4.1_02 and get the following errors.

The JDBC interface distributed with 7.2 does not build with JDK
1.4. You can either use the JDBC driver in 7.3 (currently in beta),
build the driver using a different JDK version, or get a prebuilt
.jar.

Cheers,

Neil