comamnds

From
rdiegoc@uol.com.ar (Diego)
Date:
Hi,

There is commands SQL that allows myself to obtain the physical structure of
a table?
I want to see the types of information that has a table.

thanks
Diego

Re: comamnds

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 08:11:59AM -0700, Diego wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is commands SQL that allows myself to obtain the physical structure of
> a table?
> I want to see the types of information that has a table.

\d in psql.
\? gives you a list of all available commands.
> arithmetic and those that can't.

Attachment

Re: comamnds

From
"Roberto Oliveira Santos"
Date:
Hi Diego,

You can use \d <table>

Good luck,
Roberto Santos

> There is commands SQL that allows myself to obtain the physical structure
of
> a table?
> I want to see the types of information that has a table.
>
> thanks
> Diego

Re: comamnds

From
arunvijai@yahoo.com (Arunvijai)
Date:
Hi,
/d <Tname> working well.
I want to know ,is there any commands like
USER_TABS,USER_PRIVILEGES,SELECT * FROM cat like what we use in
Oracle.
If anyone knows pls,reply me.

Re: comamnds

From
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Date:
On 31 Oct 2002 at 1:36, Arunvijai wrote:

> Hi,
> /d <Tname> working well.
> I want to know ,is there any commands like
> USER_TABS,USER_PRIVILEGES,SELECT * FROM cat like what we use in
> Oracle.

I guess if you start psql with -E option it will tell you queries it's making.
Also see the section about metadata in postgresql manual..

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Foolproof Operation:    No provision for adjustment.

Re: comamnds

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:36:46 -0800,
  Arunvijai <arunvijai@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> /d <Tname> working well.
> I want to know ,is there any commands like
> USER_TABS,USER_PRIVILEGES,SELECT * FROM cat like what we use in
> Oracle.
> If anyone knows pls,reply me.

You can use the has_table_priviledge function when 7.3 is released in
a few weeks (or using the current beta).

There are other functions for checking access to other objects and for
checking for visibility of objects using the current schema search path.