History in the postgres monitor

From
michael_walzl@yahoo.de (Michael Walzl)
Date:
Hello everybody,

I installed SuSE Linux 8.1 with bash shell.
When I am in the console I can retrieve the
last command by pressing the up arrowkey and
the autocomplete function works with the tab key
as normal. This works fine in the mysql monitor
too, but not in the postgres monitor.
When i start it by typing "psql test" then i
get strange typings when i press the arrow keys.
What could this be?
So I must retype every SQL-Statement from the
beginning, if I made a wrong type.

I installed the Version 7.2.3 of Postgres right
now with the default settings:
./configure
make
make install
initdb
and so on.

Thanx
Michael Walzl

Re: History in the postgres monitor

From
Adam Witney
Date:
You need to have readline installed to be able to use the command history

HTH

adam

> Hello everybody,
>
> I installed SuSE Linux 8.1 with bash shell.
> When I am in the console I can retrieve the
> last command by pressing the up arrowkey and
> the autocomplete function works with the tab key
> as normal. This works fine in the mysql monitor
> too, but not in the postgres monitor.
> When i start it by typing "psql test" then i
> get strange typings when i press the arrow keys.
> What could this be?
> So I must retype every SQL-Statement from the
> beginning, if I made a wrong type.
>
> I installed the Version 7.2.3 of Postgres right
> now with the default settings:
> ./configure
> make
> make install