PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

From
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
Date:
    Hi all,
    I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
    Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
    What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
    Is this equal Linux or no?
    TIA,        Paulo Henrique

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

Date:
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
>     Hi all,
>     I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
>     Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
>     What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
>     Is this equal Linux or no?

It will be in 7.4, about 6 months away.

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

From
"Roberto (SmartBit)"

> Hi all,
> I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
> Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
> What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
I'm working with PostgreSQL 7.2 as a service of WinXP and running it in a
lot of custumers. If you want know more about it, look at www.dbexperts.net

> Is this equal Linux or no?

Yes, it is!!

if you want know more, call me!

Roberto Amorim

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

From
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
Date:
    Hi Bruce,
    what is missing from Windows 2000 version from Linux?
    Do we have any benchmarks of Postgres Windows 200 version?
    TIA,        Paulo Henrique

Em Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:46:23 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> escreveu    :

> Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> >     Hi all,
> >     I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
> >     Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
> >     What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
> >     Is this equal Linux or no?
>
> It will be in 7.4, about 6 months away.

Paulo Henrique B de Oliveira
Gerente de Operações - Linux Solutions - http://www.linuxsolutions.com.br
O maior conteúdo de Linux em língua portuguesa - OLinux - http://www.olinux.com.br
(21) 2526-7262 ramal 21

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

Date:
6 months away means it isn't don't yet, so no, I have no answers to your
questions.

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

>     Hi Bruce,
>     what is missing from Windows 2000 version from Linux?
>     Do we have any benchmarks of Postgres Windows 200 version?
>     TIA,        Paulo Henrique
>
> Em Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:46:23 -0400 (EDT)
> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> escreveu    :
>
> > Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
> > >     Hi all,
> > >     I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
> > >     Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
> > >     What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
> > >     Is this equal Linux or no?
> >
> > It will be in 7.4, about 6 months away.
> > --
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 359-1001
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073
> >

> --
> Paulo Henrique B de Oliveira
> Gerente de Opera??es - Linux Solutions - http://www.linuxsolutions.com.br
> O maior conte?do de Linux em l?ngua portuguesa - OLinux - http://www.olinux.com.br
> (21) 2526-7262 ramal 21

Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

From
frbn
Date:
Roberto (SmartBit) wrote:

>>Hi all,
>>I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
>>Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
>>What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
>
> I'm working with PostgreSQL 7.2 as a service of WinXP and running it in a
> lot of custumers. If you want know more about it, look at www.dbexperts.net
>

>>Is this equal Linux or no?
>

> Yes, it is!!

I would *really* like to see that!

If we *don't* mind

    the cost,
    the unstability,
    the downtime to get back all the memory lost/stolen,
    the un-responsibility,
    the unstability ;)

and the time lost to click everywhere,

we could say that linux is equal to win2k.

ps: did I say that linux is free (as freedom) ?