signals??

From
Joseph Shraibman
Date:
Looking at the Administrators guide (for 7.2.1) it does not list what signals a postgres
backend handles.  I assume HUP makes it reread the config file, but what else is there?
Is there a way to cancel a currently running query by sending a signal?

Re: signals??

Date:
Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
> Looking at the Administrators guide (for 7.2.1) it does not list what signals a postgres
> backend handles.  I assume HUP makes it reread the config file, but what else is there?
> Is there a way to cancel a currently running query by sending a
> signal?

Sure, SIGINT to a backend implements query-cancel.

You are right that the postmaster and backend signal handlers are poorly
documented --- the details are all there in the sources, but the SGML
docs are pretty thin on the subject :-(.  Care to dig around in the code
and submit some doc improvements?

            regards, tom lane

Re: signals??

From
Joseph Shraibman
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net> writes:
>
>>Looking at the Administrators guide (for 7.2.1) it does not list what signals a postgres
>>backend handles.  I assume HUP makes it reread the config file, but what else is there?
>>Is there a way to cancel a currently running query by sending a
>>signal?
>

> Sure, SIGINT to a backend implements query-cancel.
>
> You are right that the postmaster and backend signal handlers are poorly
> documented --- the details are all there in the sources, but the SGML
> docs are pretty thin on the subject :-(.  Care to dig around in the code
> and submit some doc improvements?
>
>             regards, tom lane

I can't figure out which sgml file builds app-postgres.html file.

Re: signals??

From
Joseph Shraibman
Date:
Could someone please tell me how to modify the sgml files in the cvs to change
app-postgres.html??

BTW if anyone emailed me the answer over the weekend it got lost, sorry :(