Problems with Triggers

From
Glen Eustace
Date:
I have recently upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 and have been getting some
weird behaviour with triggers.  It seems that the triggers simply do not
get executed all the time.

Did anything change between releases that I may have missed ?
Are there any bugs that I could be tripping over ?

Glen and Rosanne Eustace,
GodZone Internet Services, a division of AGRE Enterprises Ltd.,
P.O. Box 8020, Palmerston North, New Zealand 5301
Ph/Fax: +64 6 357 8168, Mob: +64 21 424 015

Re: Problems with Triggers

From
Jeff Davis
Date:
Can you provide a test case that (sometimes) reproduces the problem?

Regards,
    Jeff

On Thursday 19 September 2002 08:09 pm, you wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 and have been getting some
> weird behaviour with triggers.  It seems that the triggers simply do not
> get executed all the time.
>
> Did anything change between releases that I may have missed ?
> Are there any bugs that I could be tripping over ?

Re: Problems with Triggers

From
Jeff Davis

> Unfortunately not I am still not 100% it is the trigger code :-(
> It certainly isn't consistent enough to really point the finger.
>
> I did however find another real oddity with triggers which I posted to
> the bugs list, I don't subscribe to that so it was waiting approval. It
> is 100% repeatable.

Well, that's interesting. I think I have a couple triggers working for 7.2
now, but I didn't run any thorough tests on them.

If you see any weird behavior, I wouldn't mind seeing it here on -general (I
don't subscribe to -bugs, and if I did now I would probably still miss your
message).

Regards,
    Jeff

Re: Problems with Triggers

Date:
Glen Eustace <geustace@godzone.net.nz> writes:
> I have recently upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 and have been getting some
> weird behaviour with triggers.  It seems that the triggers simply do not
> get executed all the time.
> Did anything change between releases that I may have missed ?
> Are there any bugs that I could be tripping over ?

Seems hard to believe.  Can you show us a test case?

            regards, tom lane