Fwd: "...integer[] references..." = error

From
Joel Rodrigues
Date:
Could someone tell me what the following item in the TODO list
for PostgreSQL refers to ?

(under Referential Integrity)

"Change foreign key constraint for array -> element to mean
element in array"

Is this related to what I want/need to do - make sure entries in
an array of type INTEGER[] refer to entries that actually exist
in another table.

- Joel

Re: Fwd: "...integer[] references..." = error

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Joel Rodrigues wrote:

> Could someone tell me what the following item in the TODO list
> for PostgreSQL refers to ?
>
> (under Referential Integrity)
>
> "Change foreign key constraint for array -> element to mean
> element in array"
>
> Is this related to what I want/need to do - make sure entries in
> an array of type INTEGER[] refer to entries that actually exist
> in another table.

Yep.  Despite any of the difficulties, it's in the long range goals
for the foreign key stuff, but in general the locking issues and probably
inheritance are higher up on the stuff that needs to get done (the
array stuff is an extension and those two are more bug fixes).