Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi guys,

Just today found out I've been accepted by "The Register" to write news
items for them in regards to Open Source happenings.  :)

That should be really useful for us all (us, them, Open Source in
general).

Letting everyone know in case they come across any Open Source News type
stuff that should be out there (PostgreSQL and other stuff too I guess),
and
also because it's probably of decent strategic value.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

Date:
Great.  The Register usually has very good articles.

nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Date:
On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 06:21:23AM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> Just today found out I've been accepted by "The Register" to write news
> items for them in regards to Open Source happenings.  :)

Congrats!

> That should be really useful for us all (us, them, Open Source in
> general).

<evil laugh> Step 1 of the new PostgreSQL marketing campaign will be
stories like this @ TheReg:

"Oracle Corporation had no comment after news broke that it had
charged the State of California more than $95 million for software
that it did not need.

In related news, the PostgreSQL development team announced on Monday
that PostgreSQL, the open-source ORDBMS, continues to be available
for no fee."

:-)

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: [GENERAL] Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

Date:

Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Just today found out I've been accepted by "The Register" to write news
> items for them in regards to Open Source happenings.  :)
>
> That should be really useful for us all (us, them, Open Source in
> general).
>
> Letting everyone know in case they come across any Open Source News type
> stuff that should be out there (PostgreSQL and other stuff too I guess),
> and
> also because it's probably of decent strategic value.
>
> :-)
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

>    - Indira Gandhi

Re: Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi John,

That's an interesting thought.  I really don't know yet.

Guess we'll find out in the next few weeks though.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

John Burski wrote:

> Might be a foolish question, but will your articles appear on both the
> UK and US sites?
>
> Justin Clift wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Just today found out I've been accepted by "The Register" to write news
> > items for them in regards to Open Source happenings.  :)
> >
> > That should be really useful for us all (us, them, Open Source in
> > general).
> >
> > Letting everyone know in case they come across any Open Source News type
> > stuff that should be out there (PostgreSQL and other stuff too I guess),
> > and
> > also because it's probably of decent strategic value.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Regards and best wishes,
> >
> > Justin Clift
> >
> > --
> > "My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those
> > who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
> > first group; there was less competition there."
> >    - Indira Gandhi

> John Burski
> Network and Systems Administration
> 911 Emergency Products, Inc.
> 25 North Sixth Avenue
> Saint Cloud, MN  56303
> 1-800-863-6911
> www.911ep.com

   - Indira Gandhi

Re: Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

From
Darren Ferguson
Date:
Justin did you get my mail last night about

db.postgresql.org / venus.hub.org db

I do not have pg_hba.conf entries and neither does jobs.postgresql.org

Was wondering if you have any advice

Tnx

Darren

--
Darren Ferguson

Re: Have been accepted as a writer for "The Register"

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Chris?