RAD web development with PostgreSQL?

From
Tim
Date:
Can anybody recommend a tool or a set of tools to do Rapid Application
Development (web-baesd) using Linux/PostgreSQL?  I have been a C
programmer but am reasonable with Perl and picking up some PHP but
frankly I am tired of having to code every little thing manually.
I would like to be able to focus on UI/Logic design and less time on
widget placement and HTML formatting.

Thanks!

Tim

Re: RAD web development with PostgreSQL?

From
tony
Date:
On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 20:10, Tim wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a tool or a set of tools to do Rapid Application
> Development (web-baesd) using Linux/PostgreSQL?  I have been a C
> programmer but am reasonable with Perl and picking up some PHP but
> frankly I am tired of having to code every little thing manually.
> I would like to be able to focus on UI/Logic design and less time on
> widget placement and HTML formatting.

Read my sig...

Seriously if you want free then there is jsp and Forte/Netbeans.

If you don't mind running windows in VMware then there is Dreamweaver
MX. The day they port that to Linux I'll be buying the champagne...

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
RedHat Linux on Sony Vaio C1XD/S
http://www.animaproductions.com/linux2.html

Date:
On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 20:10, Tim wrote:
> Can anybody recommend a tool or a set of tools to do Rapid Application
> Development (web-baesd) using Linux/PostgreSQL?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.  What I meant to say is that I
only need the resulting [web-based] code to run on Linux/PostgreSQL.
I would prefer the development environment to run under Windows.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: RAD web development with PostgreSQL?

From
mydejamail@yahoo.co.uk (My Deja)
Date:
Try Kylix, there are some new and very good Web RAD tools, IntraWeb
etc. Check the Delphi newsgroups. Some of them may not be out yet for
Kylix