initdb

From
"Pablo Morales"
Date:
HI there
I've gotta problem with initdb, the first time I initialized the base, it
went on ok, , under the /data directory I had template1, and a test database
I created, a few days ago, I have some problems an decided to intialize it
again, to begin from scratch, but initdb does not create the same
directories structure, instead it creates directories with number names, ej,
14556, 1, 15555, and inside those directories, archives with the same
patern,  for example 000000000

What's going on?
Lotta thanx.

Re: initdb

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:57:23AM -0300, Pablo Morales wrote:
> HI there
> I've gotta problem with initdb, the first time I initialized the base, it
> went on ok, , under the /data directory I had template1, and a test database
> I created, a few days ago, I have some problems an decided to intialize it
> again, to begin from scratch, but initdb does not create the same
> directories structure, instead it creates directories with number names, ej,
> 14556, 1, 15555, and inside those directories, archives with the same
> patern,  for example 000000000
>
> What's going on?

Sounds like you upgraded PostgreSQL in the meantime.  It used to use
names in the database cluster, but it now uses OIDs.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110