Blob like type

From
Patrick Nelson
Date:
Doing a move over from MySQL and I was wondering if there anything like the
MySQL blob type?

Re: Blob like type

From
nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Date:
On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 11:54:24AM -0700, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> Doing a move over from MySQL and I was wondering if there anything like the
> MySQL blob type?

Try BYTEA:

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/datatype-binary.html

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: Blob like type

From
wsheldah@lexmark.com

There are several options, including bytea for binary data, large objects, and
if you can encode the data as text you can store it in a plain text field of
arbitrary size. Each option has its own set of pros and cons. You might want to
describe exactly how you want to use it to get more specific advice.

Wes

Patrick Nelson <pnelson%neatech.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 06/23/2002
02:54:24 PM