Close idle connections

From
Uros Gruber
Date:
Hi!

i want to know if there is possible to close idle
connections. I have some app in php but there is a lot of
open connections idleing and sometimes i get to many
connections.

--
lp,
 Uros                          mailto:uros@sir-mag.com

Re: Close idle connections

From
Thomas Beutin
Date:
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:46:14PM +0200, Uros Gruber wrote:
> i want to know if there is possible to close idle
> connections. I have some app in php but there is a lot of
> open connections idleing and sometimes i get to many
> connections.
<apache-dir>/bin/apachectl graceful
closes all persistent connections.

-tb
--
Thomas Beutin                             tb@laokoon.IN-Berlin.DE
Beam me up, Scotty. There is no intelligent live down in Redmond.

Re: Close idle connections

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
You're probably using pg_pconnects instead of pg_connects.  Unless you
REALLY need them AND know exactly what you are doing, pg_pconnects are
quite hazardous.

--
"Force has no place where there is need of skill.", "Haste in every
business brings failures.", "This is the bitterest pain among men, to have

Re: Close idle connections

From
Fathi Ben Nasr

You need to check your php app and see if you have in each page a
pg_close($socket) statement. If your app uses persistent connections to
reduce execution times, you should have only one connection per user.
Horde/imp is one app that uses a lot of connections, so if this is your
application, try to see if a recent version of horde/imp corrects this
problem.

Uros Gruber a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> i want to know if there is possible to close idle
> connections. I have some app in php but there is a lot of
> open connections idleing and sometimes i get to many
> connections.
>
> --
> lp,
>  Uros                         mailto:uros@sir-mag.com