C++ and Postgres

From
nandrats@mail.mdanderson.org

I'm new to Sql and Postgres and looking for a robust, easy to learn
C++-Interface for postgres. The provided libpq++ doesn't really look promising
at this point. I'm developing for Linux and using Qt. Does anybody have
experience with the Qt Sql-Interface?
Any suggestions?

NIC

Re: C++ and Postgres

From
Steve Atkins
Date:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 01:26:42PM -0500, nandrats@mail.mdanderson.org wrote:

> I'm new to Sql and Postgres and looking for a robust, easy to learn
> C++-Interface for postgres. The provided libpq++ doesn't really look promising
> at this point. I'm developing for Linux and using Qt. Does anybody have
> experience with the Qt Sql-Interface?
> Any suggestions?

Works fine, and if you're using Qt anyway it's probably the right way
to go. You do lose some flexibility, as it only implements a minimal
subset of functionality that's shared by most databases, but it's
adequate for nearly all uses.

If you find you need to do anything sophisticated you may want to come
back and look at libpq or maybe libpq++.

Cheers,
  Steve

Re: C++ and Postgres

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:55:41AM -0700, Steve Atkins wrote:
> If you find you need to do anything sophisticated you may want to come
> back and look at libpq or maybe libpq++.

Or ecpg of course. :-)

michael
--
Michael Meskes