SELECT ... FOR UPDATE ...

From
Richard Emberson
Date:
I looked through the documentation and attempted a search of the mailing
lists (one can submit a
search but never returns). I also looked at the titles of the sql
mailing list for the past year, but can
not find an example usage of the SELECT .. FOR UPDATE query.

Could someone please give me an example of how it is used. Does it take
two statements, the
SELECT ... FOR UPDATE statement followed by another UPDATE statement? or
does one
somehow do an update within the select statement.

Thanks.

Richard

Re: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE ...

From
Jim Martinez
Date:
On Mar 24, Richard Emberson wrote:

> I looked through the documentation and attempted a search of the
> mailing lists (one can submit a search but never returns). I also
> looked at the titles of the sql mailing list for the past year, but
> can not find an example usage of the SELECT .. FOR UPDATE query.

Yesterday searches at http://archives.postgresql.org/ took over 20
minutes.

Increase your patients setting ;-)

Jim