Referential Integrity problem

From
Herb Blacker
Date:
Running PG 7.1.3...
I have a table of titles and suffixes, with periods (i.e. Mr. Mrs. C.P.A.)
There is a foreign key between the title and suffix tables, and my
patient table.
When I do an insert, it fails on Referential Integrity (RI).
If I take the periods out, the insert works with RI.
If I remove the RI, then the periods work.

Is this a bug?
--
_________________________
Herb Blacker

Re: Referential Integrity problem

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Herb Blacker wrote:

> Running PG 7.1.3...
> I have a table of titles and suffixes, with periods (i.e. Mr. Mrs. C.P.A.)
> There is a foreign key between the title and suffix tables, and my
> patient table.
> When I do an insert, it fails on Referential Integrity (RI).
> If I take the periods out, the insert works with RI.
> If I remove the RI, then the periods work.
>
> Is this a bug?

Can you send schema and sample data?

Re: Referential Integrity problem

From
Jan Wieck
Date:
Herb Blacker wrote:
> Running PG 7.1.3...
> I have a table of titles and suffixes, with periods (i.e. Mr. Mrs. C.P.A.)
> There is a foreign key between the title and suffix tables, and my
> patient table.
> When I do an insert, it fails on Referential Integrity (RI).
> If I take the periods out, the insert works with RI.
> If I remove the RI, then the periods work.

    Cannot  reproduce  that problem here. Could you please post a
    complete SQL script that reproduces the exact problem?

Jan