Export a database or a table from a database

From
"Stefan Kowalski"
Date:
Hello,

I want to export a database or a table from a database.
There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
I need the whole structure include the data.

Regards
Stefan

Export a database or a table from a database

From
Lee Kindness
Date:
Read the documentation, in particular look for 'pg_dump'.

Lee.

Stefan Kowalski writes:
 > I want to export a database or a table from a database.
 > There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
 > I need the whole structure include the data.

Re: Export a database or a table from a database

From
Doug McNaught
Date:
"Stefan Kowalski" <Stefan.Kowalski@ixtra.com> writes:

> I want to export a database or a table from a database.
> There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
> I need the whole structure include the data.

'pg_dump' should do what you want.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...

Re: Export a database or a table from a database

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
> I want to export a database or a table from a database.
> There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
> I need the whole structure include the data.

pg_dump -u database_name --table tablename > file.sql