PG_XLOG

From
TERENYI Balazs
Date:
Hi!

How can I make pg_xlog files human readable? I have forgotten to switch on
the debug_print_query option and somehow rows were deleted from a
database. I don't know how.

Thanks,
Balázs

Re: PG_XLOG

Date:
TERENYI Balazs wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I make pg_xlog files human readable? I have forgotten to switch on
> the debug_print_query option and somehow rows were deleted from a
> database. I don't know how.

You can't, really.  If you haven't vacuumed, you can modify tqual.c,
function HeapTupleSatisfiesSnapshot() to always return true, recompile
and install that binary, and a SELECT will then show all the rows.

Make a backup first, and be sure you use that modified binary only for
during recovery.