checkpoint

From
TPCCUVA
Date:
Hello.

I need to make checkpoints exactly every 30 minutes since a specifict
moment when a program starts.

It's necesary that postgres doesn't make checkpoints automatically.

Can you help us

Is there any log file where postgres records information about the
checkpoint that has been made?

I'm using postgres 7.1.3.

Thanks.

Re: checkpoint

TPCCUVA wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need to make checkpoints exactly every 30 minutes since a specifict
> moment when a program starts.
>
> It's necesary that postgres doesn't make checkpoints automatically.
>
> Can you help us
>
> Is there any log file where postgres records information about the
> checkpoint that has been made?
>
> I'm using postgres 7.1.3.

Sure, there is a CHECKPOINT command that does exactly that.  Run it
every 30 minutes from cron using psql.