Export a database or a table from a database

From
"Stefan Kowalski"
Date:
Hello,

I want to export a database or a table from a database.
There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
I need the whole structure include the data.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Export a database or a table from a database

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 11:43, Stefan Kowalski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to export a database or a table from a database.
> There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
> I need the whole structure include the data.

pg_dump -d database [-t table]

     "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I
      fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom
      shall I be afraid?"           Psalms 27:1

Re: Export a database or a table from a database

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
Le Mercredi 6 Mars 2002 12:43, Stefan Kowalski a écrit :
> I want to export a database or a table from a database.
> There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
> I need the whole structure include the data.

all data : pg_dump -u  > file_name.sql
only a table : pg_dump -u --table=TABLE_NAME > file_name.sql
For a complete list of pg_dump options, pg_dump --help

/JMP

Re: Export a database or a table from a database

From
Jeff Boes
Date:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 06:43:34 -0500, Stefan Kowalski wrote:

> I want to export a database or a table from a database. There is a
> possibility the copy the data from the table, but I need the whole
> structure include the data.

$ man pg_dump

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076

Re: Export a database or a table from a database

From
Vivek Khera
Date:

SK> I want to export a database or a table from a database.
SK> There is a possibility the copy the data from the table, but
SK> I need the whole structure include the data.

Have you read the man page for pg_dump at all?

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-240-453-8497
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/