backend closed

From
Charles
Date:
Hi folks

when i start a select sql in my postgres db, its return
a message:
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly..

the select consist in a "not exists" term.

Ps. I haved vacuum the database with no errors.

anybody know, how i can resolve this ?

Regards
Charles

Re: backend closed

Date:
Charles <charles@a3a.com.br> writes:
> when i start a select sql in my postgres db, its return
> a message:
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly..

Can't help you without seeing the exact command, and the schema
declarations for the tables it uses.

Also, which PG version are you using?  (If it's less than 7.1,
the answer is probably going to be "time to update".)

            regards, tom lane

Re: backend closed

From
Doug McNaught
Date:
Charles <charles@a3a.com.br> writes:

> Hi folks
>
> when i start a select sql in my postgres db, its return
> a message:
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly..

Sounds like the backend may be crashing, which indicates a bug or
possible data corruption.  Check your postmaster logs for error
messages, and see if there are any coredumps in your data directory.

What version are you running?

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863