Debian package for pgsql-7.1.3

From
Mayan
Date:
Hey!!
Quick question here, I am running Debian potato on a P133, I'd like to
install the latest version of Postgresql, but when using 'apt-get
install postgresql?' the version I get is 6.5.x. Thus my question is: Is
there a way to install the latest version of Postgresql using 'apt-get'.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Debian package for pgsql-7.1.3

From
Doug McNaught
Date:
Mayan <escalante@canada.com> writes:

> Hey!!
> Quick question here, I am running Debian potato on a P133, I'd like to
> install the latest version of Postgresql, but when using 'apt-get
> install postgresql?' the version I get is 6.5.x. Thus my question is: Is
> there a way to install the latest version of Postgresql using 'apt-get'.

7.1.3 is in woody AFAIK (might even be 7.2 by now, haven't checked).

Probably best to get the source .deb and build it yourself; otherwise
you'll pull in a lot of libes from woody.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863

Re: Debian package for pgsql-7.1.3

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:21:35AM -0500, Mayan wrote:
> install the latest version of Postgresql, but when using 'apt-get
> install postgresql?' the version I get is 6.5.x. Thus my question is: Is
> there a way to install the latest version of Postgresql using 'apt-get'.

You need to configure your apt to include non-US packages:

deb http://nonus.debian.org/debian-non-US/ testing non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: Debian package for pgsql-7.1.3

From
Jason Earl
Date:
Mayan <escalante@canada.com> writes:

> Hey!!
> Quick question here, I am running Debian potato on a P133, I'd like to
> install the latest version of Postgresql, but when using 'apt-get
> install postgresql?' the version I get is 6.5.x. Thus my question is: Is
> there a way to install the latest version of Postgresql using 'apt-get'.
>
> Thanks in advance.

7.1.3 is in unstable and testing.  And there is a 7.1.3 version
available for Potato here:

http://people.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql/potato.html

Jason

Date:
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 10:31:12AM -0500, Doug McNaught wrote:
> > Quick question here, I am running Debian potato on a P133, I'd like to
> > install the latest version of Postgresql, but when using 'apt-get
> > install postgresql?' the version I get is 6.5.x. Thus my question is: Is
> > there a way to install the latest version of Postgresql using 'apt-get'.
>
> 7.1.3 is in woody AFAIK (might even be 7.2 by now, haven't checked).

Oops, I should read the mail better. You're right of course, potato does
have 6.5.3 and not 7.1.3. I was talking about the woody version.

Michael