Select

From
Marcelo Pereira
Date:
Hello all,

How can I select from a table all the tupples with a specific word?

Ex.: I have a table like this:

1 | 'Jose' Carlos Santos
2 | Maria 'Jose' Pinheiro
3 | Joaquim 'Jose' Castro
4 | Marcelo Pereira Sa
5 | Chuck Hagen
6 | John 'Jose' Pinto

I would like to select all the tupples with the work 'Jose'. So, the
tupples: 1,2,3 and 6.

Thanks in advance,

[ ]'s

Marcelo Pereira

-- Remember that only God and Esc+:w saves.
        __
       (_.\           Marcelo Pereira       |
        / / ___                             |
       / (_/ _ \__    Matematica/99 - IMECC |
_______\____/_\___)___Unicamp_______________/

Select

From
Lee Kindness
See:

 http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?functions-matching.html

In your case SELECT * FROM xxx WHERE name LIKE '%Jose%';

Lee.

Marcelo Pereira writes:
 > How can I select from a table all the tupples with a specific word?
 >
 > Ex.: I have a table like this:
 >
 > 1 | 'Jose' Carlos Santos
 > 2 | Maria 'Jose' Pinheiro
 > 3 | Joaquim 'Jose' Castro
 > 4 | Marcelo Pereira Sa
 > 5 | Chuck Hagen
 > 6 | John 'Jose' Pinto
 >
 > I would like to select all the tupples with the work 'Jose'. So, the
 > tupples: 1,2,3 and 6.

Re: Select

From
Bo Lorentsen