Unrecognized language Error

From
"Ben-Nes Michael"
Date:
Hi All

I installed plpgsql with createlang but still I can use it.

Here is a Snip:

$  /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang -l -d comp.canaan.co.il
     Procedural languages
  Name   | Trusted? | Compiler
---------+----------+----------
 plpgsql | t        | PL/pgSQL
(1 row)

comp.canaan.co.il=# CREATE FUNCTION addnumbers (INTEGER, INTEGER) RETURNS
INTEGER AS '
comp.canaan.co.il'# DECLARE
comp.canaan.co.il'# v1 ALIAS FOR $1;
comp.canaan.co.il'# v2 ALIAS FOR $2;
comp.canaan.co.il'# BEGIN
comp.canaan.co.il'# RETURN v1 + v2;
comp.canaan.co.il'# END;'
comp.canaan.co.il-# LANGUAGE 'plpgpsql';
ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgpsql'.
        Recognized languages are sql, C, internal, and created procedural
languages.
comp.canaan.co.il=#

--------------------------
Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager
Tel: 972-4-6991122
http://sites.canaan.co.il
--------------------------

Re: Unrecognized language Error

From
Jan Wieck
Date:
Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
[Charset windows-1255 unsupported, skipping...]

    ^^^^ First major mistake!!!!

> Hi All
>
> I installed plpgsql with createlang but still I can use it.
>
> Here is a Snip:
>
> $  /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang -l -d comp.canaan.co.il
>      Procedural languages
>   Name   | Trusted? | Compiler
> ---------+----------+----------
>  plpgsql | t        | PL/pgSQL
> (1 row)
>

> comp.canaan.co.il=# CREATE FUNCTION addnumbers (INTEGER, INTEGER) RETURNS
> INTEGER AS '
> comp.canaan.co.il'# DECLARE
> comp.canaan.co.il'# v1 ALIAS FOR $1;
> comp.canaan.co.il'# v2 ALIAS FOR $2;
> comp.canaan.co.il'# BEGIN
> comp.canaan.co.il'# RETURN v1 + v2;
> comp.canaan.co.il'# END;'
> comp.canaan.co.il-# LANGUAGE 'plpgpsql';

                                ^^^^^^^^

    What about a little nap? Catching some sleep every other day
    helps ... sometimes :-)

Jan

> ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgpsql'.
>         Recognized languages are sql, C, internal, and created procedural
> languages.
> comp.canaan.co.il=#

Re: Unrecognized language Error

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

> comp.canaan.co.il=# CREATE FUNCTION addnumbers (INTEGER, INTEGER) RETURNS
> INTEGER AS '
> comp.canaan.co.il'# DECLARE
> comp.canaan.co.il'# v1 ALIAS FOR $1;
> comp.canaan.co.il'# v2 ALIAS FOR $2;
> comp.canaan.co.il'# BEGIN
> comp.canaan.co.il'# RETURN v1 + v2;
> comp.canaan.co.il'# END;'
> comp.canaan.co.il-# LANGUAGE 'plpgpsql';
You meant 'plpgsql' right? ;)

Date:
> > comp.canaan.co.il=# CREATE FUNCTION addnumbers (INTEGER, INTEGER) RETURNS
> > INTEGER AS '
> > comp.canaan.co.il'# DECLARE
> > comp.canaan.co.il'# v1 ALIAS FOR $1;
> > comp.canaan.co.il'# v2 ALIAS FOR $2;
> > comp.canaan.co.il'# BEGIN
> > comp.canaan.co.il'# RETURN v1 + v2;
> > comp.canaan.co.il'# END;'
> > comp.canaan.co.il-# LANGUAGE 'plpgpsql';
>
>                                 ^^^^^^^^
>
>     What about a little nap? Catching some sleep every other day
>     helps ... sometimes :-)

Isn't that our PGP-encrypted stored procedure language?  You mean you
didn't write that one yet, Jan.  :-)

Re: Unrecognized language Error

From
Darren Ferguson
Date:
The language should be plpgsql not plpgpsql

Darren

Date:
>     Plpgpdfql  for  example   would   be   very   efficient   for
>     personalized  mass  emailing.  The  current  practice of HTML
>     spamming doesn't fill the available bandwidth ...

I can see it now, "PostgreSQL, the choice of spammers worldwide."

Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > comp.canaan.co.il=# CREATE FUNCTION addnumbers (INTEGER, INTEGER) RETURNS
> > > INTEGER AS '
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# DECLARE
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# v1 ALIAS FOR $1;
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# v2 ALIAS FOR $2;
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# BEGIN
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# RETURN v1 + v2;
> > > comp.canaan.co.il'# END;'
> > > comp.canaan.co.il-# LANGUAGE 'plpgpsql';
> >
> >                                 ^^^^^^^^
> >
> >     What about a little nap? Catching some sleep every other day
> >     helps ... sometimes :-)
>
> Isn't that our PGP-encrypted stored procedure language?  You mean you
> didn't write that one yet, Jan.  :-)

    Of course NOT! That name was reserved for the embedded

    "PostScript Query Language" (psql)

    But  it'll  be  more  like  a  datatype to store documents as
    PostScript templates, that on retrieval fill  in  the  actual
    data into variable fields in the document.

    Slight  variants  of  it  will  be  plpgpdfql, plpgpcl5ql and
    plpghpglql.

    Plpgpdfql  for  example   would   be   very   efficient   for
    personalized  mass  emailing.  The  current  practice of HTML
    spamming doesn't fill the available bandwidth ...

Jan

Re: Unrecognized language Error

From
"Ben-Nes Michael"