Canadian website mirror

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
Hi,

I just tried to go to http://www2.ca.postgresql.org:81/, like a good
mirror-user, and I get a 403 message, "This mirror is available for
Canadians only."  Now, I know that Tranna is evil and everything, but
last I checked we hadn't separated :-).  Anyway, how is the checking of
originating address being done?  I'm just curious.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: Canadian website mirror

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to go to http://www2.ca.postgresql.org:81/, like a good
> mirror-user, and I get a 403 message, "This mirror is available for
> Canadians only."  Now, I know that Tranna is evil and everything, but
> last I checked we hadn't separated :-).  Anyway, how is the checking of
> originating address being done?  I'm just curious.

Must be something Marc set up since I'm the webmaster and don't recall
ever seeing this one.  www.ca. should work tho and you may find www.us.
to be as fast if not faster.

Vince.