Hi,

i have a problem dumping a db. somewhere along the way pg_dump stops with the following error:

failed sanity check, opr with oid 280515 was not found

i have found some references to this or similar problems but cant find a fix anywhere.

the postgres version is 7.0.3 (i'd upgrade if i could ;) )

Esger

--
NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net

"Esger Abbink" <pggeneral@bumblebeast.com> writes:
> i have a problem dumping a db. somewhere along the way pg_dump stops with the following error:

> failed sanity check, opr with oid 280515 was not found

You have an operator whose oprcom, oprnegate, oprlsortop, or oprrsortop
field points at a no-longer-existing operator.  Look in pg_operator for
the row(s) mentioning that OID and get rid of those operators too.
(Or, manually set the fields to 0 if you want to keep the operators that
have the dangling pointers.)

            regards, tom lane

> "Esger Abbink" <pggeneral@bumblebeast.com> writes:
> > i have a problem dumping a db. somewhere along the way pg_dump stops with the following error:
>
> > failed sanity check, opr with oid 280515 was not found
>
> You have an operator whose oprcom, oprnegate, oprlsortop, or oprrsortop
> field points at a no-longer-existing operator.  Look in pg_operator for
> the row(s) mentioning that OID and get rid of those operators too.
> (Or, manually set the fields to 0 if you want to keep the operators that
> have the dangling pointers.)
>
>             regards, tom lane

It indeed turned out to be a stale reference. Probably the operator was dropped and reloaded without recreating all
otherreferring operators (i guess thats the way to prevent this problem).

Thanks for the hint :)

btw, is there a way to get an overview of all created functions (i assume pg_operator lists all operators and thus all
resultsof CREATE OPERATOR .., where does CREATE FUNCTION .. end up?
(if i missed this in manuals somewhere please save yourself the typing and just point me ;) )

Esger

--
> [...]

> the row(s) mentioning that OID and get rid of those operators too.
> (Or, manually set the fields to 0 if you want to keep the operators that
> have the dangling pointers.)
>
>             regards, tom lane

It indeed turned out to be a stale reference. Probably the operator was dropped and reloaded without recreating all
otherreferring operators (i guess thats the way to prevent this problem).

Thanks for the hint :)

btw, is there a way to get an overview of all created functions (i assume pg_operator lists all operators and thus all
resultsof CREATE OPERATOR .., where does CREATE FUNCTION .. end up?
(if i missed this in manuals somewhere please save yourself the typing and just point me ;) )

Esger

--
NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.

wtf?

i dont know what happened, my apologies.

(and i hope this one doesnt start multiplying...)