udp port

From
Helge Bahmann
Date:
Just out of curiosity: What does postmaster need the UDP port for? (Is
it documented somewhere? I cannot find anything in the documentation).

PostgreSQL-7.2b2

Relevant output from netstat -p -a:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
13687/sshd
udp        0      0 localhost:32769         *:*
14727/postmaster

??
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>             /| \__
Network admin, systems programmer                      /_|____\

Re: udp port

Date:
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de> writes:
> Just out of curiosity: What does postmaster need the UDP port for?

That would be the connection to the statistics collector subprocess.
See discussions in pghackers from about six or eight months ago.

            regards, tom lane