Postgres graphing.

From
"Nicolas Bouthors"
Date:
I hope this question hasen't been asked 2 billions time before. Couldn't
find anything in the archives.

I'm looking for a tool that would connect to a postgres base, list the
tables/constraints of it and make a nice .jpeg file showing the data model
out of it. All this would be automagical off course...

I found about postgres_autodoc on freshmeat, but it's not quite enough (even
if it's a realy nice tool), I need the thing to be completly automatic (no
manual placement of the tables in the image).

Does such a beast exists ? Anything near ?

    Nico

Re: Postgres graphing.

From
Terrence Brannon
Date:
On Thursday, December 13, 2001, at 01:01 AM, Nicolas Bouthors wrote:

> I'm looking for a tool that would connect to a postgres base, list the
> tables/constraints of it and make a nice .jpeg file showing the
> data model
> out of it. All this would be automagical off course...
>
> Does such a beast exists ? Anything near ?
>
>     Nico

Marcel Grunaer does this via Perl and Graphviz. You can look
under his author id on

http://kobesearch.cpan.org

He also wrote DBIx::Renderer, which makes it easy to create
Postgresql schemas from Perl code.