How to store koi8-r (cyrillic) data?

From
Daniel Rubio
Date:
Hi!

I need to store in some registers of my db cyrillic characters and I
don't know how to do it, I've reach the Localization chapter but  I
think that is not what I need, I want to store in the same table (but in
diferent columns) latin and cyrillic chars, to show in my website the
contents in english or russian.

Someone has experienced it? ideas?

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez <drubio@activa-online.com>
Responsable de Desarrollo
Activa-Online S.A.
Rambla Nova, 26-28 (entlo)
Tarragona - Spain
tel. +34 977 250 966
fax  +34 977 241 694
          http://www.activa-online.com

Re: How to store koi8-r (cyrillic) data?

From
Jean-Michel POURE
Date:
>I need to store in some registers of my db cyrillic characters and I
>don't know how to do it, I've reach the Localization chapter but  I
>think that is not what I need, I want to store in the same table (but in
>diferent columns) latin and cyrillic chars, to show in my website the
>contents in english or russian.
>
>Someone has experienced it? ideas?

Unicode (utf-8) should be able to display both Latin and Cyrillic information.
The whole information chain (PostgreSQL, database, http server, html files)
need to be UTF-8 compatible.

What is your configuration?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE

Date:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Unicode (utf-8) should be able to display both Latin and Cyrillic
information.
> The whole information chain (PostgreSQL, database, http server, html
files)
> need to be UTF-8 compatible.

All the chain?
If I add the multibyte support to postgres to support UTF-8 and in my
html pages i
specify the charset as UTF-8 it won't work?

> What is your configuration?

My postgres has not active the multibyte support, and my apache has not
the
AddDefaultCharset defined (ant then i supose that is iso-8859-1)