psql question

From
Jefim Matskin
Date:
I have an instance of postgres sql 7.1.2 running with unix socket located in
other directory than default (-k option of the postmaster).
How can I tell the psql utility to connect to that socket?

Jefim

Re: psql question

From
"Command Prompt, Inc."
Date:
On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Jefim Matskin wrote:
>I have an instance of postgres sql 7.1.2 running with unix socket located in
>other directory than default (-k option of the postmaster).
>How can I tell the psql utility to connect to that socket?

Use the -h flag. When prefixed with a slash, it refers to a local
directory for the socket, rather than a host. E.g.:

[root@dev lxp]# psql -h /tmp template1
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
[...]

Regards,
Jw.
--