Where is the library?

From
Mayan
Date:
I want to hook up an application witten in C++ to PostgreSQL, but I
don't have any idea as to where the linker should look for the
PostreSQL
library. Any body?

Re: Where is the library?

From
Antonio Sergio de Mello e Souza
Date:
If you did not change the standard location, with different values for the
--prefix, --exec-prefix or --libdir configure options, they should be in:

/usr/local/pgsql/lib

Regards,

Antonio Sergio

Mayan wrote:

>I want to hook up an application witten in C++ to PostgreSQL, but I
>don't have any idea as to where the linker should look for the
>PostreSQL
>library. Any body?

Re: Where is the library?

From
Keary Suska
Date:
Depend on where you installed it. By default you would find headers/lbs
either under /usr/local/pgsql, or /usr/local/[lib|include]/pgsql, I don't
recall which. If you installed via RPM or some packaging utility, you may
have to install a "postgres-libs" package.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> From: Mayan <escalante@canada.com>
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:34:56 GMT
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: [GENERAL] Where is the library?
>
> I want to hook up an application witten in C++ to PostgreSQL, but I
> don't have any idea as to where the linker should look for the
> PostreSQL
> library. Any body?

Solaris 2.6

From
Sam Cao
Date:
I am running Solaris 2.6 (on Sparc) and would like to install
PostgreSQL, dose new version PostgreSQL 7.1.3 support Solaris 2.6? I
only see 2.7 and 2.8 in the doc.

Thanks,

Sam,