Solaris 2.6 support.

From
Sam Cao
Date:
I am running Solaris 2.6 (on Sparc) and would like to install
PostgreSQL, dose new version PostgreSQL 7.1.3 support Solaris 2.6? I
only see 2.7-8 in the doc.

Thanks,

Sam,

Re: Solaris 2.6 support.

From
Keary Suska
Date:
Probably. I have successfully compiled and installed 7.0.3 on Sparc/2.6,
without any problems if I recall. I can't imagine that 7.1.3 makes that much
difference. I would be sure to use gcc, however, to avoid any compilation
oddities.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> From: Sam Cao <scao@verio.net>
> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:39:24 -0500
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: [GENERAL] Solaris 2.6 support.
>
> I am running Solaris 2.6 (on Sparc) and would like to install
> PostgreSQL, dose new version PostgreSQL 7.1.3 support Solaris 2.6? I
> only see 2.7-8 in the doc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam,

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Solaris 2.6 support.

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Keary Suska writes:

> Probably. I have successfully compiled and installed 7.0.3 on Sparc/2.6,
> without any problems if I recall. I can't imagine that 7.1.3 makes that much
> difference. I would be sure to use gcc, however, to avoid any compilation
> oddities.

What kind of oddities?

Re: Solaris 2.6 support.

From
Keary Suska
Date:
Usually compilation errors, sometimes unexpected core dumps or unresolved
symbol issues. I don't recall many specifics, but I have had the least
number of problems using gcc as opposed to ecgs or stock Solaris cc. Just my
personal experience.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.