openssl & postgresql

From
Richard Welty
Date:
is there code sitting around some where to allow me to access the OpenSSL
crypto library from postgresql? i'm just looking for the md5 and sha1 hash
functions right now.

thanks in advance,
   richard

Re: openssl & postgresql

From
Keary Suska
Date:
Look at pg_crypto in the contrib/ directory of the source installation tree.
I think that has at least some of the functionality you desire, and looking
at the source would show you how to extend it.

Keary Suska
(719) 473-6431
(719) 649-6736 (mobile)

> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@averillpark.net>
> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:36:39 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: [GENERAL] openssl & postgresql
>
> is there code sitting around some where to allow me to access the OpenSSL
> crypto library from postgresql? i'm just looking for the md5 and sha1 hash
> functions right now.
>
> thanks in advance,
> richard

Re: openssl & postgresql

From
Richard Welty
Date:
On 23 Oct 2001 13:53:24 -0400 Doug McNaught <doug@wireboard.com> wrote:

> Richard Welty <rwelty@averillpark.net> writes:
>
> > is there code sitting around some where to allow me to access the OpenSSL
> > crypto library from postgresql? i'm just looking for the md5 and sha1 hash
> > functions right now.
>
> contrib/pgcrypto

thanks. i had looked in the contrib directory on some of the mirrors this
morning, and found that the directory was empty on the sites i looked at.
presumably there is a copy somewhere...

richard
--
Richard Welty                                    Averill Park Networking
rwelty@averillpark.net                                      518-573-7592

Re: openssl & postgresql

From
Doug McNaught
Date:
Richard Welty <rwelty@averillpark.net> writes:

> is there code sitting around some where to allow me to access the OpenSSL
> crypto library from postgresql? i'm just looking for the md5 and sha1 hash
> functions right now.

contrib/pgcrypto/

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863

Re: openssl & postgresql

From
Richard Welty
Date:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:19:18 -0600 Keary Suska <hierophant@pcisys.net> wrote:
> I wrote:
> > is there code sitting around some where to allow me to access the OpenSSL
> > crypto library from postgresql? i'm just looking for the md5 and sha1 hash
> > functions right now.

> Look at pg_crypto in the contrib/ directory of the source installation tree.
> I think that has at least some of the functionality you desire, and looking
> at the source would show you how to extend it.

thanks, i went looking at contrib/ first on a couple of the mirrors,
figuring that someone must have wanted to do this sometime before, and
it was empty, so i decided to try asking here.

since none of the ftp mirrors i've checked (about 8 of them) have any
contrib/ files at all, what's up?

and does anyone have a copy of pg_crypto they could make available to me,
since the semi-official copies are all MIA?

thanks,
   richard
--
Richard Welty                                    Averill Park Networking
rwelty@averillpark.net                                      518-573-7592

Re: openssl & postgresql

From
Keary Suska
Date:
The contrib/ directory is not listed separately--it is part of the postgres
distribution, and comes with the tarball. If you don't have the source, you
will need to download the tarball. When you unpack it, you will see the
contrib directory inside. You can probably just run 'make' inside the
pgcrypto directory, but if it fails, you may have to build postgres. You
won't have to install it again, just build it. 'make install' for items in
contrib/ may not work properly if the postgres build isn't configured
properly.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.