pg_dump - getTables() problem

From
"Erol Öz"
Date:
Hi,
The fallowing pg_dump command:

[postgres@trollandtoad postgres]$ pg_dump trollandtoad2 >
/home/postgres/trollandtoad_backups/trollandtoad2.daily.backup

returns:

getTables(): SELECT (funcname) for trigger trigger_order_t returned 0
tuples. Expected 1.

Could someone give me a hint where to look at to solve the problem.

P.S. trigger_order_t and the function it propagates exists. Even I drop both
of them, I get the same error message.

Thanks in advance

---------
             Erol Öz              eroloz@esg.com.tr
ESG Bilgi İletişim Sistemleri ve İnternet Hizmetleri Ltd. Şti.
www.esg.com.tr
Tel: +90 (212) 230 30 35            Fax: +90 (212) 230 35 65
Hanımefendi sk. No: 65/5           Şişli - İstanbul - TURKEY
---------

Re: pg_dump - getTables() problem

Date:
"=?iso-8859-9?B?RXJvbCDWeg==?=" <eroloz@esg.com.tr> writes:
> getTables(): SELECT (funcname) for trigger trigger_order_t returned 0
> tuples. Expected 1.

> P.S. trigger_order_t and the function it propagates exists.

Evidently not.  Better look harder --- and keep in mind that trigger
name is not a unique identifier for a trigger.  There might be another
trigger_order_t trigger than the one you deleted.

If you're totally confused, try doing
    export PGOPTIONS="-d2"
before running pg_dump, then look in the postmaster log to see the
queries pg_dump executed.  The last one before the failure report
should be interesting.

            regards, tom lane