temp table::persistance problem

From
"Emmanuel SARACCO"
Date:
hi,

I have big problem with temp tables on a v7.1... sometime they are not
deleted!
what can happened?
those temporaries tables are created in stored procedures who are called in
php.

any idea?

thanks, by

please, reply on esaracco@noos.fr and esaracco@aspasia.fr

Re: temp table::persistance problem

From
Keary Suska
Date:
Do you mean, not deleted "ever" or not when you expect them to be? If you
are using persistent connections in PHP, the table will remain until the
Apache process that possesses the connection is destroyed, or you
specifically destroy the table.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> From: "Emmanuel SARACCO" <emmanuel.saracco@d-interactive.com>
> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:14:56 +0200
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: [GENERAL] temp table::persistance problem
>
> hi,
>
> I have big problem with temp tables on a v7.1... sometime they are not
> deleted!
> what can happened?
> those temporaries tables are created in stored procedures who are called in
> php.
>
> any idea?
>
> thanks, by
>
> please, reply on esaracco@noos.fr and esaracco@aspasia.fr

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: temp table::persistance problem

Date:
Not sure.  We had some deletion problems in 7.0.X but 7.1.X should be OK.