Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??

From
R Talbot
Date:
My question refers to Perl...
I checked CPAN and there are DBI modules but
I don't see  the DBD.
Are the somehow built into PostgeSQL?
I downloaded..
 pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz
Postgres-1.4.tar.gz
But neither of these tars have a DBD file..

Where did Cpan hide them? The page lists every
DBD for every Database but not PostgreSQL..

BOb T

Re: Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??

From
Robert
Date:
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/DBD-Pg-1.01.tar.gz

R Talbot wrote:

> My question refers to Perl...
> I checked CPAN and there are DBI modules but
> I don't see  the DBD.
> Are the somehow built into PostgeSQL?
> I downloaded..
>  pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz
> Postgres-1.4.tar.gz
> But neither of these tars have a DBD file..
>
> Where did Cpan hide them? The page lists every
> DBD for every Database but not PostgreSQL..
>
> BOb T

Re: Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??

From
Keary Suska
Date:
Search CPAN for DBD::Pg. Easier yet, invoke the cpan script (usually
accessible from your path) and:

cpan> i DBD::Pg

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

> From: R Talbot <rjtalbo@attglobal.net>
> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:28:20 -0400
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Subject: [GENERAL] Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??
>
> My question refers to Perl...
> I checked CPAN and there are DBI modules but
> I don't see  the DBD.
> Are the somehow built into PostgeSQL?
> I downloaded..
> pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz
> Postgres-1.4.tar.gz
> But neither of these tars have a DBD file..
>
> Where did Cpan hide them? The page lists every
> DBD for every Database but not PostgreSQL..
>
> BOb T

Re: Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??

From
Peter Eisentraut

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBI/DBI-1.20.tar.gz
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/DBD-Pg-1.01.tar.gz

> I downloaded..
>  pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz

This is a different way to access PostgreSQL via Perl.  This module is
also include in the PostgreSQL distribution.

> Postgres-1.4.tar.gz

This is an interface to Postgres95, not PostgreSQL.

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> R Talbot writes:
>
> > My question refers to Perl...
> > I checked CPAN and there are DBI modules but
> > I don't see  the DBD.
>
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBI/DBI-1.20.tar.gz
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/DBD-Pg-1.01.tar.gz
>
> > I downloaded..
> >  pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz
>
> This is a different way to access PostgreSQL via Perl.  This module is
> also include in the PostgreSQL distribution.
>
> > Postgres-1.4.tar.gz
>
> This is an interface to Postgres95, not PostgreSQL.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

Peter,
 Thank you for the response..
Unfortunately, the urls were jammed I tried for 15 hrs ( off and on)..
Although I could find the file but only after seaching by the authors
name mergl.
CPAN is not making it easy, I am sure not intentionally, for PostgreSQL
users.

Here is where I found the files
http://dbi.symbolstone.org/   this works...May Help Others!

Once again.. Thank You

Date:
R Talbot <rjtalbo@attglobal.net> writes:
> CPAN is not making it easy, I am sure not intentionally, for PostgreSQL
> users.

Yeah, we know.  The only index page (that I've found) of DBD drivers
does not mention Postgres.  We've beaten on the alleged maintainer of
that page, without result.  Feel free to complain to the CPAN
powers-that-be ... but there's little point in complaining here, cause
we can't fix their omission.

            regards, tom lane