Getting data out of database with a bad WAL file

From
GB Clark II
Date:
Hi,

I've got a database where I've lost the WAL files.  Since PG won't start with
bad WAL files, is there anyway I can get the data out of the actual database
files?

Thanks

GB

--
GB Clark II             | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@VSServices.COM | General Geek

Re: Getting data out of database with a bad WAL file

From
"Mikheev, Vadim"
Date:
> I've got a database where I've lost the WAL files.  Since PG
> won't start with
> bad WAL files, is there anyway I can get the data out of the
> actual database
> files?

contrib/pg_resetxlog. Please read README.

Could you tell us how did you lose WAL files?

Vadim