During dump: function not found

From
Andrew Gould
Date:
During a pg_dump, I got the following messages:

Notice: function "pgadmin_get_rows" is not dumped.
Reason: return type name (oid 87589805) not found.
Notice: function "pgadmin_get_sequence" is not dumped.
Reason: return type name (oid 87589772) not found.

Does this simply mean that these functions will not be
available if I restore from the dump file?  Will these
messages haunt me down the road in other ways?

I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that these functions
were created by PgAdmin rather than being a part of
PostgreSQL.  I deleted all tables and views named
pgadmin* and am trying to weed out everything created
by PgAdmin.

Thanks,

Andrew Gould

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: During dump: function not found

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi Andrew,

These functions were indeed created by PgAdmin.  It seems to create
tables, functions, triggers and views (maybe rules too, not sure) going
by the name pgadmin_xxx and pga_xxx

I'm pretty sure from looking at PgAdmin 7.1.0 recently it has a menu
option to remove it's tables and other constructs from a target database
by itself.  You might just want to run that instead of doing it
yourself/

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Andrew Gould wrote:

> During a pg_dump, I got the following messages:
>
> Notice: function "pgadmin_get_rows" is not dumped.
> Reason: return type name (oid 87589805) not found.
> Notice: function "pgadmin_get_sequence" is not dumped.
> Reason: return type name (oid 87589772) not found.
>
> Does this simply mean that these functions will not be
> available if I restore from the dump file?  Will these
> messages haunt me down the road in other ways?
>
> I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that these functions
> were created by PgAdmin rather than being a part of
> PostgreSQL.  I deleted all tables and views named
> pgadmin* and am trying to weed out everything created
> by PgAdmin.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Gould

> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

     - Indira Gandhi

Re: During dump: function not found

From
Peter Eisentraut
> Notice: function "pgadmin_get_rows" is not dumped.
> Reason: return type name (oid 87589805) not found.
> Notice: function "pgadmin_get_sequence" is not dumped.
> Reason: return type name (oid 87589772) not found.
>
> Does this simply mean that these functions will not be
> available if I restore from the dump file?

Yes.

> Will these messages haunt me down the road in other ways?

If something depended on the named functions...

What you did was drop the return type of the function (which used to have
the shown oid).  Therefore the function is already useless anyway.

> I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) that these functions
> were created by PgAdmin rather than being a part of
> PostgreSQL.  I deleted all tables and views named
> pgadmin* and am trying to weed out everything created
> by PgAdmin.

Maybe PgAdmin could provide a drop script for that?

Re: During dump: function not found

From
Andrew Gould
Date:
oops.  Too late to use that option; but thanks!

Andrew Gould