backend closing unexpectedly

From
Adam Kornick
Date:
Folks,

I have a moderately complex query running on small views (10-30
records) which used to work, but is now dying unexptecedly.  The query
is via aolserver, but also creates the same response when using pgsql.

Within pgsql, I get:

    before or while processing the request.

Within aolserver, I get:

    Error: dbinit: error(localhost::acs,pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
        before or while processing the request.

I'm running postgresql-7.1.2-5PGDG, on RedHat 7.1...thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

Re: backend closing unexpectedly

Date:
Adam Kornick <akornick@whgrp.com> writes:
> I have a moderately complex query running on small views (10-30
> records) which used to work, but is now dying unexptecedly.

Sounds like a backend core dump.  Please look for the core file
(should be under $PGDATA/base/yourdbnumber/) and send us a debugger
backtrace.  You might have to recompile with --enable-debug to get
a useful (symbolic) backtrace.

If you are feeling out of your depth with that request, instead
put together a self-contained example that triggers the crash,
and send it along.

            regards, tom lane