libpq ::PQstatus()

From
"Zuev Dmitry"
Date:
can anybody tell me why PQstatus() return not realy status ?
i make a connection, then PQstatus() tell ok
i stop database and PQstatus() tell me ok again (((
is where method for get real status of connection ?

wbr, Dmitry

Re: libpq ::PQstatus()

From
Einar Karttunen
Date:
On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 06:37:53PM +0600, Zuev Dmitry wrote:
> can anybody tell me why PQstatus() return not realy status ?
> i make a connection, then PQstatus() tell ok
> i stop database and PQstatus() tell me ok again (((
> is where method for get real status of connection ?

PQstatus checks whether the last thing returned by db was ok,
not whether the db is still alive. I suggest using some
dummy query like:
PQexec('SELECT 1;');

- Einar Karttunen