chr() in 7.0.3 !

From
"omid omoomi"
Date:
hi all,
I have pg 7.0.3 installed. I can use ascii() to get the ascii code of a
character but I can not use chr() to reverse the function... is it a matter
of the pg version I have? If so, is there any other way to get the text from
the ascii number?

TIA
Omid Omoomi

Re: chr() in 7.0.3 !

From
missive@frontiernet.net (Lee Harr)
Date:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 20:59:35 +0000 (UTC), omid omoomi <oomoomi@hotmail.com>:
> hi all,
> I have pg 7.0.3 installed. I can use ascii() to get the ascii code of a
> character but I can not use chr() to reverse the function... is it a matter
> of the pg version I have? If so, is there any other way to get the text from
> the ascii number?

Hmm.. works in 7.1.2:

select chr(65);

 chr
-----
(1 row)

Have you tried it like that (selecting a constant?) Maybe it is
a problem with coercing the argument to the proper type...

Could also be new in 7.1  I do not know.

Re: chr() in 7.0.3 !

From
Karel Zak
Date:
On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 08:46:55PM +0000, omid omoomi wrote:
> hi all,
> I have pg 7.0.3 installed. I can use ascii() to get the ascii code of a
> character but I can not use chr() to reverse the function... is it a matter
> of the pg version I have? If so, is there any other way to get the text from
> the ascii number?

 7.1 rename ichar() to chr() --- in 7.0.3 you must use ichar() or rather
update to 7.1.

            Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>