dumping and reloading ONLY large objects

From
Frank Joerdens
Date:
Hi,

I've just dumped and reloaded a database to put it on a different
server, but forgot the large objects (silly me). Now some of the data on
the new server have already been modified, so I can't just repeat with
large objects, as in

pg_dump -Ft --blobs mydb > db.tar

What I'd need is to dump ONLY the large objects and reload those into
the new db. Such a procedure, however, does not seem to be doumented.

Is it still possible somehow?

Cheers, Frank

Re: dumping and reloading ONLY large objects

Date:
Frank Joerdens <frank@joerdens.de> writes:
> What I'd need is to dump ONLY the large objects and reload those into
> the new db. Such a procedure, however, does not seem to be doumented.

I don't think that the current code supports that, but it seems like
it'd be reasonably easy to modify pg_dump to dump only blobs, or to
modify pg_restore to extract only blobs from a dump file.

            regards, tom lane